June 04, 2011

knights book(s)

so many knight themed ideas in my head (oh wait, was that not obvious to you guys?)

knights book #1 (the one that is just me that you should all nag me to work on)
will contain:
+ maps, drawings, lots of free talk
+ short story. the idea I want to draw out is one of those young-kid sees a knight in a tourney and then decides that he wants to be a knight when he grows up.


sumafu invited forced enticed me to join the next anthology that LLH is producing because they sold out a lot of their books at AN (including tama, expired seafood, and saisons). it is... dun dun dun... knights themed! Actually I share my love of knights with her 8D

knights book #2 (with LLH and friends)
a knight in a guild that takes requests (quests??) from villagers... except the villagers always ask for trivial/odd/impossible things.

I also signed up with sumafu and belugachop for the SS*BB artists edition. I still don't really know what I want to draw for that, but I actually have submitted a stand alone illustration in a previous issue. I got comments from people who wanted to know more about the people in the picture. someone said it had the "feel of something epic (and hot and dusty)". But one of the guys in that picture was a knight/palace guard guy, and the other guy was a prince dude who had a tear running down his face (BITTERSWEET FAREWELL?!?!).
Or I might just end up doing another genre for once. Or I might not end up submitting anything at all, ha... ha...

2 comments:

  1. HUR HUR HUR HUR HUR

    Knight book #1 *begins the nagging*
    -crest designs
    -character designs
    You know I love freetalk, but even discussing the things you've put on this blog before is interesting
    Like a profile/design guidebook :D
    - different cultures, practices, specialties, fashion~

    Knight book #2 (HUHUHU)
    Horrible impossible requests (selfish)
    -find lost sheep
    -find a pin in a haystack (literally)
    -bring back someone from dead
    -slay a creature that doesn't exist
    -design new underwear
    -chase a ghost
    ^^^ all ridiculous (troll) I can think of more (aha)

    SS*BB
    Don't back out (Troll) at least submit an illo or something!! You obviously have some fans there hur hurrrrr HOT and DUSTY! I think I'll be doing something contemporary, maybe even something LOCAL cause I got so much ref living in this 'part of town' D8. I think my story will just be simple and normal people getting together (fuu), then I don't have to do as much research. Just need to decide what age and professions they're gonna have 8D if you have any suggestions let me knowwwwwwwww

    *inspires you in a horrible way*

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are doing the nagging because you are the most excited (after me) about knight book 1 (no title yet!!)

    Knight book #1
    OOH, I like the idea of turning this into a profile/design guidebook (yay) I like to have a lot of text too!

    Knight book #2
    Thank you for these impossible requests! design new underwear... I wonder who is going to request that. Is this going off of how knights probably have impossible undergarments/clothes hard to take off?!

    I will try my best at SS*BB, after all this might be the only artist edition!!

    ReplyDelete