August 25, 2011

fall sem start

The semester has started! I was able to talk to some other people from my studio and found out the nitty gritty about who's still in town, and who is doing the study abroad in europe (and also the people doing the studio in italy). Basically most of my close friends in studio are studying abroad, haha... some of them were also older than me so they've already graduated/starting their masters.

I managed to get into my first choice studio. I don't really know how to summarize the studio's goal, but it's mostly dealing with issues of climate change and how we need a shift in our thinking to design with regards to that. Buildings responding to these extreme changes, etc... particularly in Austin, as we're suffering from extreme drought conditions, and it's likely that these conditions will somewhat become the norm. I can't say that I'm extremely interested in sustainable design, but I am excited about expanding my knowledge in this.

Other news... sketches:
 I'm probably going to take a break from CG for now and just draw in my sketchbook... I want to fill up this sketchbook though.

I also had to buy a cheaper sketchbook as my EC sketchbook since I guess we have assignments where we have to diagram light and spaces/quickly sketch out spaces w/ dif lighting conditions, ahaha... actually I already got the first assignment in class today.

This also came in the mail today:

Finally excited to use this blog as a way to also talk about my school stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment