Trying to go back to drawing on paper and then adding color digitally? (The last one is an old sketch page though).
I bought a softcover square grid moleskine yesterday... it is quickly turning into my shameless sketchbook. I think somehow it makes me feel like I can be even more messy... the pages feel more expendable.
NOW FOR SOME TL;DR OC STUFF WITH RAMBLING THOUGHTS, who is going to read this anyways, ahaha I love my OCS /can't shut up.
I had a sudden burst of inspiration for OC creating and OC developing... I wanted to create a new OC pair to draw, this time something in the contemporary world... and more specifically an older suits/office pair.
Kelly Wilson and James Jennings. I think Kelly is in his late 20s/early 30s while James is more late 30s/early 40s (uhoooo). I have a thing about picking names for my characters, because I don't like to have characters that have names that are way too unusual... James must be my favourite "classic" boy name because it always just shows up. I love picking unisex/slightly feminine names for male characters that have very strong personalities? Kelly is supposed to be pretty ornery and has no curse filter when talking.
Anyways, I'm still bouncing around ideas in my head about their occupations because I'm so easily influenced by fics that I have read in the recent past. But I have the dynamic that I want for them in my head.
I read a H/D and a SS*BB fic about working in a political campaign setting (interesting because working with PR and such), but then I was reading more typical office settings, and even this other one shot series with lawyer/businessman guys.
The latest idea (and maybe the one I'm keeping for real?) is that James practices law and has a law firm partnership (don't know what the actual term is, sorry!) with other oyaji I haven't designed/decided. Kelly, I think probably majored in some liberal arts course... or maybe literature? I'm imagining that wherever he used to work... I think he probably did not get along with his boss or coworkers (and generally thought they were all idiots) so he got fired. By coincidence, Kelly's best friend Basil has been working at James' law firm and hooks Kelly up with a job as James' personal assistant because they desperately need help and Kelly desperately needs a job. It's only a temporary thing at first but then yada yada yada.
Also thinking that everyone at the firm aside from Basil thinks that Kelly is a girl because of his name.
I can't see them in a torrid romance though, I think they just end up together.
I have a few details that I'm also toying with... like how James might be either divorced or maybe he's just legally separated from his wife (not taking the final steps of divorce because he hasn't needed to... YET).
Basil is actually Coriander's older brother?? Though I only want him to be like 3-4 years older than her, so the timeline is a little weird.... Basil would be around the same age as Kelly, making Cori like mid-20s ish... ahhaha. Oh man I love interconnecting all of my characters.
Still on this OC brainstorming high. Maris, I think, is my favorite OC that I designed specifically for an RP group... but somehow I am really attached to him. I was thinking that I don't usually give any of my characters body modifications (tattoos or piercings), because I myself am not particularly interested in them. But I think that Maris is likely to get one, especially for sentimental/symbolic reasons.
I think Maris (well, probably most of my characters) is subtly complicated... he's the kind of guy that goes through his first 18 years of life as a plain vanilla, and only starts to explore himself after graduating from high school. He was always gay, but I usually don't focus romance in my RP group characters, so I decided that his love life only manifests in his young adult years. He ends up being one of those people that don't settle down until much later in life, though.
Since I can't be bothered to care, I shamelessly add in drama in his life LOLOLOL. Maris goes on a graduation trip before starting college, meets someone there that he happens to "click" with, and they have a whirlwind romance/fling type of thing. He falls hard for the first time in his life. (It's that guy in the very first picture of this post, btw). The guy that he falls for is the main reason behind the meaning of the tattoo that he eventually gets.
Anyways, first loves don't usually last, and Maris and the other guy are both from different countries... there is kind of more drama mainly dealing with what happens to the other guy in the end...
In any case, this event is a catalyst for many turning points in Maris' life regarding what he wants in the future and his understanding of himself and other people and his beliefs, uhoooooo. Bridging the gap between Maris-living-with-Jie to the Maris that grows up and becomes a doctor.
WOW THIS POST GOT SO LONG, basically I love OCs and have story ideas for them. I'd really like to draw out Maris' story (especially because I have most of it thought out anyways), and I also want to draw so many James/Kelly domestic scenes u 3u.



OC developing is the best~ It's extremely distracting when you're trying to focus on more important things (like school or real life in general), though. D:
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see how you develop that new OC pair of yours hehe.
omggg, can't belive you bothered to read that HAHA. Sometimes I try to make up for the lack of time by thinking about them right before I go to sleep...
Deletehaha my new OC pair is suits loveeeee. I can't believe I've never created OCs for this scenario before