January 12, 2011

onetwelve

Something that I like about blogspot: there are so many artblogs there that are just inspirational! I love drawing in anime style, but not all of the blogs that I follow are anime related.

So I compiled a list of the non-anime blogs that I follow right now. A lot of them are urban sketchers rather than professional artists/illustrators.

Alocasia odora - http://monki-donki.blogspot.com/
Archiartist Lee - http://archiartistlee.blogspot.com/
CARNET de VOYAGE di Benedetta Dossi - http://365onroad.blogspot.com/
Citizen Sketcher - http://citizensketcher.wordpress.com/
Firefly Workshop - http://fireflyworkshop.blogspot.com/
KiahKiean - http://kiahkiean.com/blog/
les calepins de lapin - http://les-calepins-de-lapin.blogspot.com/
Marrias Inks - http://mattiasa.blogspot.com/
PERSPECTIVAS E SKETCHES - http://ebbilustracoes.blogspot.com/
three letter word for art - http://paulheaston.blogspot.com/
tiastudio - http://tiastudio.blogspot.com/
Yoo Drawing - http://yoodrawing.blogspot.com/

nnnghhh, I love sketches. sketches can convey so much, even if they're not perfect. even if the perspective is off. they're so gestural!




it kind of makes me excited for when semester starts bahaha. I am taking more gen ed classes than my regular arch classes (am not taking any studio class at all, actually) therefore = more time to draw in class?? The only reason why I rarely sketched in class before was because I actually have to learn construction methods and etc ^ q^ and my mentality was: either take good notes or SLEEP!!

but this semester I am taking pyschology and philosophy. ahaha also continuing with first year japanese part 2 (to help with elective credits). and I'm also taking an architectual theory class so it's not like I'm staying away from the school (it is a class called "informality: the global housing challenge"). somehow I've figured out that I have an interest in urban communities, etc., and it is also an important issue for the professor teaching!


replies after cut



@CID - wahaha you're so cute T 3T. I like to post things on my blog that you can't get from dA. YES YOU ARE INSPIRING JUST TAKE MY COMPLIMENT YOUUUUU. one layer is interesting? it forces me to actually repaint things I don't like.

@LAWN - ASKDFJSDKF S-SOME DAY I WILL GROW A SPINE AND BE ABLE TO POST THEM ONLINE yeearrrgggheeehfflabblle. I don't think they are as interesting as all of your characters and stories. I dunno hopefully other people still like them though hahaha.

1 comment:

  1. Can that day be tomorrow? I always LOVE reading about other people's stories and characters and um lol my stories and characters are so lame barhghhhgnnhhhh

    But anyway thanks so much for these recs! These are such phenomenal links, I especially like the ones that focus on buildings because I can't draw them but I love stylish drawings of them...!!

    ReplyDelete