January 10, 2011

oneten

APPROACH WITH CAUTION: STUPID RAMBLINGS


sometimes I think my hobby is more reading than drawing, because I spend so much time reading things. lately I see myself getting more into m/m fics than normal fandom related stuff. (to begin with, much of my interaction with any kind of fandom started with me reading HP fics all day every day when I was middle school, before I discovered anime, before I started drawing, before I played videogames other than pkmn... and even though I don't bother with HP much, it just seems like I'm going back to my roots.)

IN ANY CASE, I GET TO READ HIGH-FANTASY M/M STORIES WHAT MORE CAN I ASK FOR NNGHHHHSKDFLJSFS. (it also makes me want to draw that theme forever alskdfjkdslfsfs /stares at my own high-fantasy characters)

i will also admit that it is partially sukiyakii's fault because she had this journal entry with fic recs and she rec'ed some Megan Derr stuff (and I've already read some of her stuff and LOVED IT), and basically I just love reading romantic fiction akdlsfkjsldkjfkd. and then I want to illustrate my favorite scenes except I don't even think I could get the emotions right or anything ^ q^


drawing Sorrel (right) and Joss (left) from Megan Derr's "The Matchmaker" but I don't do it any justice at all hhnnnghhhhh. specifically drawn with this scene in mind:
"So, Matchmaker," Sorrel demanded, grasping his chin, forcing Joss to look into his eyes. "What personal feelings are involved, that you cannot neatly write me out on a piece of paper, as you have my friends? Hate? Loathing? Disgust? Contempt? Pity?"
"Misery," Joss said through his teeth, tired once and for all of being played with, tired of being the mouse to Sorrel's cat... Go away, he begged silently. Just go away.
haahaha sorry I'm such a sap.

No comments:

Post a Comment