I’m not socially awkward or anything (I think, haha), but for MANY YEARS now I’ve found it very hard to make artist friends online. Probably because I’m not into popular fandoms, and I don’t tend to fawn over people one-sidedly… but recently I’ve had the chance to talk to new people, make new friends, reconnect with old friends… and I’m very happy about it!! Let’s keep this ball rolling~while I definitely haven't been drawing as long as she has, I can relate to almost all of these points. I think I am a... pretty friendly person, but the thing is that I'm also pretty reserved and pretty much make zero effort to maintain online friendships unless I can talk to the people easily (wait did I just contradict myself?? then again I am typing this at almost 5am in the morning...)
even back when I was primarily a livejournal blogger just interested in communities and friending memes with our interests and etc, I was never able to to *connect* with any of my lj friends or really talk to them all that regularly. idk, I started to think that I would never have an online best-friend/close-friend/group of friends thing. that it wasn't for me. so I just kept doing that.
I actually did make some online friends during those times (who I am still friends with today), but I just have so many more people that I know now...
it wasn't until summer of 2010 that I decided to try to become more active on deviantart through one of those roleplay groups, and then one thing led to another and before I knew it, I was able to make many artist friends (through lj artist friending memes, or meeting other friend's friends, or plurk, or etc)... I never imagined that it would happen to me. That /I/ would eventually be able to make so many artist friends, let alone, online friends.
THANK YOU FOR BEING MY FRIEND EVERYONE
also writing this at 5am in the morning: NOTHING MAKES SENSE
some other thing that I randomly noticed is that I seemed to just wake up one day and realise that hands are now a little bit easier for me to draw?! how did that happen?! improvement?? I am still a little shocked.
this post was very tl;dr
I've been online for a while but I am probably still more fail at social networking than youuuuuu! I'm glad we got to know each other and that our tastes are so similar, huhuhu
ReplyDelete<3 FRIENDS FOREVAR!! I know what you mean though... sometimes I am super social, sometimes I just gotta have my own downtime and roll alone in my apt!!