Matarin (specifically it's capital city) lies within a mountain range. It is the largest kingdom land-wise, though only two-fifths of its land is shown off to the world. The other three-fifths lie north of the Matarin Range, and what waits there is unknown (except to the Royal family, etc.)
Sol Rhija is to the west of Matarin and Arydan, across the Desert Sprawl. The capital city lies at the edge of the desert. It is the only kingdom that has a province in the nearby island of Iteos. Rhijans are very advanced in their studies of magic, lore, and the arts.
Arydan's capital city is located at a bay and is a place full of trade, cultural studies/societal studies, and a place where wealthy people like to play. It's the kingdom that gets the most foreigners and is the kingdom that holds the most alliances with other kingdoms. Most Aryds spend their time with the pomp and circumstance in society (I guess this is sort of like regency Europe); however, aesthetically, the city is somewhat Arabian-inspired. I used the city generator for inspiration on this one too:
This large, prosperous city beside the sea is best known as a playground for the wealthy. The majority of its inhabitants are involved in trade, and it is known for its colorful tiled roofs and fancifully paved streets. Inhabitants practice fighting in both magic and weaponry. Its most noteworthy feature is the red light district
Most of the story happens in this city, as Caelan and Prince Adrian are (for some reason) required to spend time as delegates to the Aryd royal family.
NIOCLAS
The Aryd Crown Prince. He is Caelan's eventual love interest and the more dominant one. He's one of those player types that does really well in society and all their society games, etc. Though because of the way society is run, he doesn't interact with lower class citizens unless it's at the red light district. Also, I don't know what I'm giving as a reason to why he's so fit and uhhh sexy, but I guess despite the fact that he plays around so much he's actually pretty capable... training behind the scenes or something, lol.
Caelan and Nioclas don't get along when the first meet because Caelan is very prudish and serious about everything and can't deal with the culture shock that is Arydan and Nioclas thinks Caelan is just very boring and doesn't understand how he can lose to him because he thinks Caelan is ******'s lover.
I haven't committed to ages for any of these guys... I'm thinking probably mid-late twenties, though.
DAY
Day is one of the youngest characters in this story (probably early 20s) works at a high-class brothel. However, he is probably the most street smart/clever/etc out of all of them because he was forced to mature at a very young age. He meets Caelan when the other is exploring the lower city on his own, and Day takes it on himself to help Caelan adjust to the Aryd culture and society, and makes Caelan accepting of other things about himself.
He eventually becomes Caelan's best confidant/friend in Arydan.
Nioclas has been Day's client multiple times.
More characters to appear later.


dangg so interesting I Love reading about all these characters and their world!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm also looking forward to the world map!!
(I am so into playboys bullying stoic characters foreverrrrr (FUUUU) )
TESTING!!
Delete