I've been seriously thinking about drawing my knights DJ but I ended up visiting my ghost story ideas... lol. I still want to do knights story but I just can't think of what kind of situation I want to put them in! I will think of something soon, eventually.
The boy's name is Jake (short for Jacob), and the 18th century ghost is Pierce. I guess the story archetype would be a Beauty and the Beast kind of story... Pierce is a (not malicious/scary/etc) ghost who wanders in the world, unable to move onto the afterlife because he needs to learn a lesson about selflessness/etc.
It's one of those not-quite-BL and mostly gen stories. I hope that I can think of a decent ending for this though, lol, usually I am very bad at conclusions =__=;;. In any case I am determined to finish this no matter how crappy I am at panelling/inking/etc etc.
lambdse totally took a picture of me and ellacrain in this sort of post when we were in japan, haha.
anyways, wish me luck...
I created another drooling animal tiling background/new avatar/etc. I like having derp animals as my avatars... lol. I think one thing that kind of unsettles me is when I realize how weird it must be to see your own art as someone else's icon/etc. I felt that way even when I was still at LJ. I know there are some artists that don't mind if you use their fanart, etc, but then there are some artists that would want to crawl in a hole to see their stuff being edited like that without permission, etc. *sigh*
I get so conflicted when I think about this in terms of tumblr/reblogging/etc. I like to see the source of pictures. But even then (like with pixiv reblogging, etc), I bet that there are artists that don't enjoy seeing their works reblogged around tumblr even if there is a source, because people don't ask them if it's okay to share their stuff on tumblr to begin with. Even as I type this I know I am a hypocrite to this belief because I reblog all the time. It's one of the things I hate about tumblr even though I like tumblr.
Idk I guess if it happened to me I would feel unsettled but ultimately I wouldn't care. Internet is internet and the best way to make sure that your stuff doesn't get thrown around is if you don't post it anywhere at all.
^^ I couldn't sleep one night so I started to doodle stuff on the flipnote studio on my dsi! speaking of which, I just downloaded inchworm today and doodled a little bit in it. hurhur it is interesting but unfortunately there isn't a zoom out option (though there is zoom in) so anything I draw on there will be small like these pictures as well. here's what I've drawn so far... too bad it exports in bmp... sort of LQ but on the bright side, portable painting software!:
I also started to do some sketchbook things again and traditional things!
Boyd Beaulieu from In the Company of Shadows. Ok I really have no words for how much I fell in love with this story and its characters and I'll probably talk about how I love characters in fic (and how I agonize about wanting to draw them) in my next post.
I want to draw more Sin/Boyd aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I wish I were better at drawing couples alsdkfjsdkfjs.
^^ I stopped working on this today and gave up LOL. Nothing unexpected, I guess, because I didn't even think I would finish/refine this at all. this is probably why I can only keep my drawings as a hobby... I never want to refine anything ever.














No comments:
Post a Comment