In any case, I already mentioned in the previous post that I have a like/dislike for tumblr, all in all I just have conflicted feelings. Like every time I know I reblog artists works/photographers works/etc (even with credit), I get unsettled because 99% of the time these things are xposted to tumblr without the artist's knowledge/permission/etc. and then I support that because I reblog things.
It's even more strange when the original artist is actually active on tumblr and then someone else is posting their stuff...
+++++++++++++++++
ANYWAYS, so now we will all know that I like reading fic, whether they are in ebook format or somewhere online. Though I definitely don't claim to be a literary buff, because I mostly read leisure fic (which to me = slash fic). I read fic more than I read manga/comics/watch anime/keep up with tv shows/etc, so I guess it's my main fandom???
In any case, I frequently fall in love with the characters in stories and want to draw fanart of them, but am always afraid that the image I have in my head doesn't match up with the author's image. This is very agonizing because I don't want to ruin the author's image and I want to do their characters justice, LOL.
Most recently I've been reading In the Company of Shadows (THIS IS A LINK) by Sonny & Ais.
In the Company of Shadows is a series about two people who are thrown together as partners in a secret agency; their mission is to disband rebels who have propagated in a post-war future, but they have to deal with everything that comes with an unlikely partnership as well.I AM SO IN LOVEEEEE. Actually ICoS isn't in my typical genre that I personally like, but in general I love reading fic that is really long and slow building, or has a really interesting plot, blahblah, etc. The only kind of slashfic that I don't really like to read at all are ficlets/drabbles that are pwp or stories that are mostly pwp.
AUGHHHH any kind of summary I give for Sin or Boyd would be useless and wouldn't do them justice but in short, both of them are pretty badass. Boyd is pretty androgynous and at the beginning was an apathetic emo boy, LOL MY DESCRIPTIONS SUCK ALREADY. Sin is a man who is known to be an elite killing machine and trusts no one and everyone believes him to be a monster, though he's also pretty much sex on legs or something. Their relationship is so complex and alskjfdsk.
Someone on the forums described the books this way:
Evenfall- oh cool place guys, cool characters, man people are ruthless, but it's cool cause love is blooming and secret agencies are cool.
Afterimage- oh my god things got real, actions have consequences, but we learn and we grow and we will be stronger.
Interludes- well things are getting complex my lovelies but look at all this fun were having, lunch dates, and club bathroom sex, and framed for murder, but that worked itself out so then there was a pool party and nice scenic bike rides through majestic forests. oh and they're be this mission but whatever because they're so in love.
Fade- EVERYONE IS ONE STEP FROM DEATH CONSTANTLY, and ruthless government agencies built upon a foundation of deception, assassination, and ruthless efficiency to fulfill personal agendas don't give a shit about replacing and completing fucking over simple mice in the machine.
LOL I'm not even trying to rec this series or anything, I just need to let my love for this series spill out of my heart and spill EVERYWHERE ASLDFK.
ANYWAYS ANXIOUSLY WAITING FOR FADE UPDATES AAAAAAAA, I'm glad that there is a semi-normal release schedule for this series, even though Fade isn't done yet.
/fall into a puddle of fangirlism
MORE FANARTS PLEASE so I can overlap your images with their looks when I'm visualizing the characters in my mind (troll)
ReplyDeleteI am totally biased but think I like fake undercover redhead Boyd more than the blondie (FUU) but I am still stuck at the part directly after the ~steamy~ refrigerator section HA HA HA. Maybe I should go re-read that part because it provided so much closure (this sounds wrong) after all that UST (FUU) ALKJLAIWJFLAIWJFLIJ
*opens ICoS page*