May 19, 2011

not an ordinary day

I came home and found out that my uncle is visiting from the Philippines?! I was a little confused/surprised to see him, because it was soooo unexpected! Other surprises from today: Mocha is shaved and we have a new stainless steel fridge. We also have no snacks because my whole family is on an eternal healthy eating diet now. I ate an apple for my after-dinner snack...

Speaking of my uncle visiting... it's kind of funny, because he had some sort of training in ft. worth (my uncle flies helicopters!!), so he rented a car and drove down to Houston to surprise my parents with a visit. But my family was in Galveston for that weekend so they weren't at home! Luckily he went to our neighbor's house (who happen to be family friends), so he found out that my parents were out of town and ended up booking a hotel that night and surprised my parents the next day. My mom was/is stressing out though, she worries a lot so she kind of secretly dislikes these kinds of surprises.



ANYWAYS, my sister went to Portland, and she sent me a postcard. I guess she thought of me because she saw a cute artsy postcard to send. She didn't send any to the rest of the family though. My parents were jokingly like "='D why r u the only one who got one".

I put it on my wall, using thumbtacks to "pinch" the paper in. I hate getting holes in paper. Lambdse sent me a postcard a summer or two ago from Berlin?? I also put it on my wall 8).

ON A SIDE NOTE, thanks to Juu and Koyar giving me their books, I am going to produce a knights themed book sometime this year (so I can send them stuff other than my postcards)! I am excite! It will be my first solo book, even though I don’t know what I will put in it yet (but Juu requests maps, character designs, and lots of free talk so we will see). I am excited and she will be my nagger!! Going to try to get this book completed during my summer break, since I'm not busy with studio stuff anyways.

I also won a paper version of Megan Derr's Prisoner. OH GOD I NEVER WIN THESE KINDS OF RAFFLES BUT I DID, and my reaction when I got an email from her was appropriately obnoxious and embarrassing. I get extremely spastic and annoying when I react to fic, so I try to only unleash that side when talking on IM with my friend Melly.

In short, I’m excited for the package(s) I will be receiving in the near future. To celebrate, I took pictures of ALL MY OTHER LOOT (mostly books that I bought from people who self publish).


(part of) My summer reading!! I have so many gay fiction that I am planning to read as well. But I am also going to read these because I like to read fantasy stories in general. I've heard good things about the SoIaF.

Sometimes I feel a little bad that I don't really read a lot of books with literary merit? But in the end I also don't care since I read for leisure. Though it kind of makes it hard to use this as small talk. "Oh you read? What do you like to read?" "I read some fantasy... and a lot of gay fiction."





Lawn is one of the artists that I've admired for a few years now. I wish that I owned more of her stuff (I wish the same for all of my friend’s printed things, I just want to own everything that they have to sell, but I don’t have enough money). a p3 fanbook (with a sticker), a g00 fanbook (with a postcard), and the hetalia postcard set.




Arabesque (with a notebook from the preorder run)!! Actually, I haven’t looked at it in detail yet because I was too busy when I first got the book. I wish I had known it’s existence back in 2009 so I could own the first volume as well. (actually I’d like to order everything on that page…)



 
MY LOVELY TREASURES FROM koyar (and juu sneaks in because of expired seafood…)!!! by the way I am still amused by the pun of expired seafood<3333 you guys are always so great. koyar is so amazing, giving me a christmas card even though I never ended up sending her one… I’m glad to own panda zine and jack and hazel comics!

I owe you guys so much, you guys are so inspiring to me!



stuff from chyo. I’VE OWED HER MAIL FOR THE LONGEST TIME. the xmas card I got and my kaven and charcoal stickers!! kaven is my favorite.


crown royale, a fairy tale BL anthology<333. the cover is so beautiful! I want to preserve it forever... in fact, it's always in the plastic sleeve when I'm not looking through the book.


  
drops in the ocean by hwei!! words cannot express how I feel about this book/story?? I really like aquariums and I like whales and fish. so so happy to own a copy of this. And I think each order came with random drawings and a message from hwei herself! I LOVE getting these personalized things like letters/notes from the artists/authors themselves. just extra things that make me enjoy supporting you guys!


gonna put this on my wall! or just save it forever.






sou’s books. A B&W sketchbook/artbook and a hetalia fanbook. Ahaha I am running out of things to say! I like that I am buying hetalia merch to support an artist, even though I am not in the fandom.



jo chen dj! I want to get ITW2+3+4 but will wait when I have more money? actually I didn’t really read this in detail yet, it was one of those “BUY JO CHEN DJ OK” moments.



adamo anthology. I think you can still buy a copy?



AND ALL THE MOLESKINES THAT I OWN:

you can see that I tried to go for variety in colors and styles =’D. plain journal (cahier), sketchbook, ruled journal (cahier), and japanese album (pocket).

No comments:

Post a Comment